- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked crabmeat, flaked
- 1/3 cup whiskey
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, and saute the shallots and garlic until tender. Pour in the chicken broth, and bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix the milk and flour. Stir the mixture into the pot, and continue cooking until soup is slightly thickened.
- Season the soup with cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Mix in the crab and whiskey, and cook until heated through.